Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On a budget!

My husband has put me on a strict budget. Tough times call for creative thinking, and rolling lots of coinage! I have many little receptacles that I dump change in. Over the period of about 5 years a large tray on my dresser has been my favorite. This tray is big and piled high with "spare" change. The need for a dye job and hair cut has forced me to attack my tray! I rolled $158.00! My roots are getting done!
I also found some lost treasure under all that change! Earrings that had gone missing, rubber bands, sewing needles, movie tickets, hair clips, old smarties, chapstick, satin ribbon, receipts, beach glass, lucky stones, clothing tags, buttons, and a number of "important" names and phone numbers of people I don't remember- sorry I didn't call! Anyway- I can get my hair done, and I have some "mad money" left over.

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

there is a particular pink color, I have heard, called 'NANCY'S HAIR'

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

WHAT????

Gallow said...

Nice. As you know I did the same thing to help purchase my new camera.