Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chip Cookies
These cookies are one of my favorites! They are a perfect mix of flavors all in one! YUMMMMM, with a cup of coffee - in a Gary Rith mug, of course!
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined and add chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.