Every morning I bake a treat for anyone that might come into the gallery. I also have complimentary coffee and tea. I tried a new cookie today- peanut butter oatmeal with white chocolate chips. These are really sweet and melt-in-your-mouth good. Doesn't this make you want to come into Thou Art Gallery??? I guess you could make them yourself.
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together Crisco, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended and add vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined or non-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.