Friday, August 8, 2008

The morning after...

I survived the opening last night for Amy Hnatko. There was a good crowd, good food and good sales, and of course good art!

Something strange happened after everyone had gone, and I was done cleaning up. I had turned off my lights and I was getting ready to leave, when I realized I forgot my coffee pot. I turned the lights back on and saw this strange reflection moving around the ceiling. I was all the way in the room when I figured out what it was- A BAT! He was flying in circles right above my head! I grabbed my coffee pot and got the heck out of there! My heart was racing, and now I'm a bit freaked out. I HAVE BATS IN MY BELFRY! This really isn't that surprising, the belfry is right above the gallery, but this is the first time I have actually had one flying around! He better be back upstairs when I get there today, or else I may not be open. Yesterday I got stung by a bee, vacuumed up mouse turds, and had a bat circling my head! There may be a little too much nature in there for my taste! I guess that is the chance you take when your business is in a church built in 1883!


YIKES!!!

2 comments:

gary rith said...

bleh!

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

I know ,Don said I shouldn't tell that, but I figure it is what it is!
-Nance