Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finally!



My front lawn is being dug up today! We are finally starting our front porch renovations! This project was supposed to start in June- I hope it is finished by Halloween! We have a beautiful row of mature shrubs in front of our porch now that need to come out. They are the reason the porch is rotting out from under us! Since we have to pull them out anyway, we have decided to put things back the way they were originally, with a center entrance leading to the front door. At some point the steps were moved to the side, near the driveway. This has never looked right to me. My house is a classic 1920 Arts and Crafts bungalow, and this is really going to help our curb appeal! The other thing is our bedroom is right above the porch and I don't want to wake up down the street one morning! As always, I'm looking forward to the finish.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh, I bet your boys wish they could use that bucket loader....