Thursday, March 12, 2009

goodies in the oven


A few fresh baked goodies in the oven. Here is a single switch plate, a picnic salt & pep set, and a votive candle holder, all cooked off and ready to display. I have been working on a bunch of smaller "quick sale" items lately. These less expensive pieces always sell well and make great gifts that pretty much anyone can afford. I like to have a really good stock of this kind of stuff when I start the Farmers' Market in May.
Pretty interesting story this morning on GMA. This women did an experiment on spending $1.00 a day to eat for a month. Great idea, although it would be a lot of work just to figure out exactly how much is spent on food per meal everyday. Wow, it makes my head spin! Still, kind of a good story.
I just caught a glimpse out the window- It is snowing! Big, fluffy, white flakes! So much for my "ode to Spring" yesterday. It might not be here yet...

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

nice work cookin' there, but me and Donald were wondering about cookies!
Dangitall, snow flakes....

Anonymous said...

snowflakes - oh my, have you seen my post Spring in Winter? that salt and pepper sahekr looks really cute - I can see people buying that!

Anonymous said...

oops, sorry for the typo: salt and pepper shaker LOL